Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Going Green

Well another couple of months have passed, not as many as last time but enough to make me look like a blogging slacker. Being the mother of a very mobile 9 1/2 month old doesn't provide much time for anything and well let's face it, if I do have time to myself it is spent in the shower, catching a nap or just zoning off for a minute not thinking about what needs to be done next. That all being said I am going to really try and be better about blogging since my lifestyle is changing for the positive.

I wouldn't consider myself a particularly budget savvy, green loving kinda girl. I've always enjoyed thrift stores and finding things I want or need for less however I've never really tapped into my creative side. I love to shop and a lot of times I just buy what is on the mannequin/window display even if it's top dollar (this goes for everything). I have no debt praise Jesus, however I do waste a lot of money with this mentality.

Well about a year ago my husband and I decided to start saving for a house and while we have done well with saving and have been blessed in many areas of our life. I always felt I could be doing better after sitting down and running the numbers...I FREAKED OUT! There were so many areas of our life that were in excess.

So in an effort to not only save but cut down on the waste in our family (money, food etc) I put our little family on a budget and decided to change what we eat, as well as products we use everyday and be more thrifty about my clothes obsession. So far we have done great, a girlfriend of mine suggested I get an organic vegetable box every week fresh from our local farmers, we have been getting it for three weeks and I have cut $30 dollars a week from our grocery bill. In addition to that my friend and I made our own laundry soap and I have been making presents for people. Talk about getting creative.

I must admit Pinterest has totally helped in motivating me to be more creative in my style, in the kitchen and pretty much in general. I am excited and love the thrill of a bargain and using my creative side...the one I didn't know I had! Well I guess it's safe to say that the Wrights are going green in every sense of the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment