Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Apple and Chamomile infused Gluten Free Muffins

So today in my veggie box I recieved fresh chamomile...what do I do with that? I feel this way about most the ingredients I get, things like kale, radishes and parsnips all way above my head. I was googling ideas last night for this chamomile and stumbled upon a few different recipes for apple and chamomile infused cookies. Well I don't want cookies...but hey a muffin is great for the morning. Thus the idea was born. I personally swear by Pamela's baking mix it's Uh-Mazing! (Note: I had some mediocore pictures I had taken throughout the whole process that somehow wont upload...so annoying).

Pamela's has a simple dairy free, sugar free muffin recipe on the back of the bag that you can add anything to. I decided to saute some apples in about two tablespoons of coconut oil and a tsp of cinnamon, once they softened I added the fresh chamomile leaves. I let this sit as I mixed the muffin batter and once I was finished added the apples.

I put them in the oven until they were a golden brown and voila! My Hubby has been munching on them since he got home. Happy hubby happy kid what more could this momma ask for. Stay tuned for tomorrow night's dinner it can either go really bad or really good...(And better pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment